Pearson Edexcel certificate in Functional Skills: English Level 1
Through our partnership with Pearson Edexcel we are able to bring you the reformed functional skills in English at Level 1, with the emphasis on making the content demanding enough to provide a foundation to help you to achieve career progression and communicate well with more independence.
There are 3 methods of assessment, Reading, Writing and Speaking, Listening & Communicating.
Reading – should include a range of straightforward texts on a range of topics and of varying lengths that instruct, describe, explain and persuade.
Writing – should include straightforward texts such as narratives, instructions, explanations and reports of varying lengths.
Speaking, Listening & Communicating – should include narratives, explanations, discussions, instructions, information, descriptions and presentations all of varying lengths.
Speak, Listen & Communicate
By being successful in your study, The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulations (Ofqual) and Pearson Edexcel will have recognised your achievement by surpassing the requirements for a PASS.
We're here to help
Give us a call to talk through the course funding available for your business and training delivery, our team can answer any questions you may have…
If you want further details on Pearson Edexcel courses, click here.
What they are looking out for…
- Compare information between different documents.
- Decide what is fact and what is opinion.
- Understand sub-headings, index, paragraphs.
- Recognise different types of vocabulary and when to use it.
- Know how punctuation affects sentence structure.
- And many more…
WritingYour spelling and grammar is assessed as well as…
- Use punctuation correctly.
- Spell everyday words and some more complex ones too.
- Sentence structure and how to get your point across.
- Use the right words for your audience.
- Use correct grammar and tenses in pieces of text.
- Any many more…
Speak, Listen &
- Reply to detailed questions.
- Express your opinions and back it up with fact.
- Follow a conservation between a few people and get involved.
- Asks questions to get the answer you need.
- Any many more…