Pearson Edexcel certificate in Functional Skills: Maths Level 1
Through our partnership with Pearson Edexcel we can bring you the reformed functional skills in Mathematics at Level 1, with the emphasis pivoting to the core understanding of the concept and the process used to reach the solution.
Underpinning skills form 25% of the marks awarded and phrases the learning within a context to assess the learners’ knowledge and understanding rather than their ability to apply this knowledge and understanding.
The problem-solving skills focuses on the structure and plan utilised to reach the solution (in line with the old adage of… Always show your workings!) rather than the maths itself.
The assessment of the reforms is also changing, to incorporate the calculator and non-calculator assessments. These will be sat as one assessment, with the assessment lengths being:
Through the process of learning, you will come to see how the language of numbers is all around us and nothing to fear. You’ll understand how to manage complex problems and draw the right answers that will benefit your personal and professional life. Talking about your professional life, by achieving at PASS, it will give you the foundation qualification that will open future opportunities to undertake higher level apprenticeships and other professional qualifications.
When successful the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulations (Ofqual) and Pearson Edexcel will recognise your achievement and provide an official certificate conforming you have met the requirements for a PASS.
We're here to help
Give us a call to talk through the course funding available for your business and training delivery, our team can answer any questions you may have…
If you want further details on Pearson Edexcel courses, click here.
- Use multiplication facts and make connections with division facts.
- Read, write, order and compare common fractions and mixed numbers.
- Calculate percentages of quantities, including simple percentage increases and decreases by 5% and multiples thereof.
- Work with simple ratio and direct proportions.
- And many more…
Using Measures, Shapes and Space
- Calculate discounts in multiples of 5% on amounts of money.
- Calculate the volumes of cubes and cuboids.
- Interpret plans, elevations and nets of simple 3-D shapes.
- Any many more…
- Represent discrete data in tables, diagrams and charts including pie charts, bar charts and line graphs.
- Understand probability on a scale from 0 (impossible) to 1 (certain) and use probabilities to compare the likelihood of events.
- Use equally likely out- comes to find the probabilities of simple events and express them as fractions.
- Any many more…